Chinese Dim Sum Delivery Vancouver | Jamesonhastings.ca
What is Flour Roll: Chinses Late Night Food Delivery Vancouver
Intestinal powder (Cantonese pinyin: Cheong fan) is a very famous traditional snack of the Han nationality in Guangdong . Intestinal powder can only be classified according to its production method. Generally, the bra is called bran powder , and the other is directly steamed, usually with drawer-type sausage powder.
Intestinal powder cannot be divided by place, because merchants around the country will cater to the taste of customers and adjust the flavor according to the local market. They will add the name of the local city before the sausage powder. For example, Guangzhou will be called Guangzhou Xiguan sausage powder, and Chaozhou will be called For Chaozhou rice rolls.
According to this division method, there will be hundreds of rice rolls in the country, which is not scientific. Because all rice rolls are actually a kind of Luoding rice rolls.
Original: Dim Sum Delivery Burnaby
Intestine powder has a long history. It is said that it originated in Takizhou (now Luoding City, Guangdong) in the Tang Dynasty, and evolved from a local traditional food, oily glutinous rice cake. The locals call it "Longkan Ci". The name of rice rolls has a lot to do with it. During the Qianlong period, Emperor Qianlong traveled to the south of the Yangtze River, and after listening to the good words of Ji Xiaolan, the minister of food, he specially turned to Luoding to eat the dragon glutinous rice cake. When eating this kind of "cool, tender and slippery" Longkan glutinous rice cake, Qianlong was full of praise and said, "This glutinous rice cake is not a glutinous rice cake, it is a bit like pig intestines. Intestinal powder got its name and spread in Guangdong. At the end of the Qing Dynasty, the sale of rice rolls rang out on the streets of Guangzhou.
History of Flour Roll: Dim Sum Vancouver
During the Qianlong period, when Emperor Qianlong traveled to the south of the Yangtze River, he was tempted by Ji Xiaolan , the minister of eating guests , and specially transferred to Luoding Prefecture to eat Longkan glutinous rice cakes. When eating this kind of "sweet enough, tender enough, and smooth enough" Longkan glutinous rice cake, Qianlong was full of praise, and said happily: This glutinous rice cake is not a glutinous rice cake, it is a bit like pig intestines, it is better to call it rice roll noodles. .
Later, when he returned to the capital, he still remembered Luoding's rice rolls, and the rice rolls spread in Guangdong, and more and more rice rolls shops were opened. Intestinal noodles are already one of the famous traditional specialties in Guangdong. There are two kinds of sausage noodles: salty and sweet. The fillings of salty sausage noodles are mainly pork , beef , shrimp , pork liver , etc., while the fillings of sweet sausage noodles are mainly Sugar-soaked fruits and vegetables, then tossed with fried sesame seeds. According to the genre, there are two main types of rice rolls, one is Bula rice rolls, and the other is drawer rice rolls.
Due to the different production tools used, the different rice rolls are produced. Bulachang powder is the main filling (most of the sausage powder is made of sticky rice flour and then added with clear noodles, corn flour and cornstarch). Drawer-style sausage powder (intestine powder slurry is made from pure rice milk) mainly taste sausage powder and sauce seasoning.
How to Cook: Hong Kong Style Dishes Delivery Burnaby
1. Mix 500 grams (ie 1 kg) of old rice with 600 grams of water and soak it for more than three hours (the purpose is to make the old rice absorb the right amount of water, the milled rice pulp will be more delicate, and the service life of the refiner will be prolonged) .
2. Grind the same amount of old rice and water, pay attention to the speed of pulping should be uniform, otherwise the pulping machine will be heated, which will lead to too much cooked pulp and affect the quality of rice rolls.
3. Blend 50 grams of wheat starch with an appropriate amount of water, and blend evenly with the rice milk in step 2.
4. Punch raw and cooked pulp, the ratio of raw pulp to cooked pulp is about 10:1, and add refined salt.
5. Put some peanut oil or roast duck oil in the drawer first, then pour an appropriate amount of raw and cooked pulp into the drawer to spread evenly (you can add minced meat or eggs, etc.) For about 1 minute, use a special shovel for rice rolls to draw the rice rolls from front to back, or from back to front. Features : Soft and smooth, the entrance is elastic, the color is white and sweet, and the aftertaste is endless. (Ducheng rice rolls mainly taste the taste of rice rolls, with less filling and thinner rice rolls).